Wednesday, March 7, 2012

We're only trying to help...

I am beyond frustrated right now, I so hope you don’t mind a vent!
 
Remember, back in Oct (over five months ago) we put in an application to be bulldog foster parents?  We never heard anything, never heard and we’d pretty much written it off.  At the end of January, after seeing a number of dogs rescued from a puppy mill via Facebook, I sent an email to the organization asking if we could somehow help.  Within a week we had a phone interview, which went well.  We were told we’d need to do a home visit next and that someone would contact us. 

Fast forward a month later to this week, when I received an email Monday night asking if Wednesday night (tonight!) would be okay.  I replied back yes and haven’t heard anything since.  No time, no confirmation, nothing!  I told Ben maybe it’s because they want us to be home by stop by when it’s convenient from them so that nothing is “set up” by us?  I don’t know.

It’s extremely frustrating that we’re trying to reach out and volunteer, yet all lines of communication and timing is pretty much determined by the organization.  Perhaps they need a volunteer to help them get better organized?

In the meantime, I guess we sit around the apartment tonight and twiddle our thumbs in case someone shows up?

To be continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips