Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Hump Day (+deals)

Happy Hump day friends!

Last night we went to meet little Coda pup and he is a sweetheart!  He was falling asleep in my arms after a walk. So sweet!

Last night I made a stupid decision, I ran.  I really think it's the first time in my life that I can truly say I regret going for a run.  The humidty was high and the temperature was even higher at 100 degrees, but I decided to go anyways. Bad idea.

I haven't mentioned it, but I'm back on the training bandwagon.  I'm not pushing myself too hard, but I have decided to run two half marathons in September.  The first being Chicago Half on September 9th.  Thus, I've been following Hal Higdon's Intermediate half marathon training guide.  It's the first time I've used the intermediate level (I used 'novice' in the past).  Ideally I'd really like to break 2 hours for one of these upcoming halfs, but it could be a push.  Last year, when marathon training, I ran the Rock 'n Roll Chicago half in 2:07 and the year before (2010, my first ever half), I was 2:14....so if I could keep up with this trend of taking 7 minutes off (which I'll admit, is kind of huge, that's shaving off a little more than 30 seconds a mile), I could possibly break 2 hours!

I've been running throughout the summer, but not consistantly.  So, as of 2 weeks ago, I decided I'm going to do this for myself.  I'm starting in a little late the on recommended 12 week training, but since I do have decent base running down, I think I'll be okay!

Last night I cut my schedule 4 mile run down to 3.5 miles.  It was so hot I even ran in just a sports bra and shorts; which is something I don't have the stomach for so I don't typically do (although it is kind of motivating.  To me, if you're going to run in just a sports bra, if you don't look like a badass, you should at least act like one; which for me means no walking breaks and increased pace).  However, I think I pushed a bit too hard in the heat because the rest of the night I was naseuous and lightheaded. Tonight I'll be doing my speed workout on the treadmill at the gym!

Wish me luck!

Here are today's deals and steals:

·         $5 popular magazine subscriptions via amazon.com

·         Banana Republic: One time use code, valid today only, for 40% off one full-priced item and 25% off sale items; use code LYJ2QJTGD9XM                                                 online and this in store

·         Carsons/BonTon/Boston Store/Younkers: $10 off in store coupon on purchase of $25+, through 7/21

·         Folica.com: Through 7/20, get 30% off all back to school items with code SCHOOL30

·         Macys: Extra 10-20% off with code EXTRA and in store savings pass

·         Picaboo: Buy one, get one free classic books and calendars through 7/25 with code JULYSAVE

·         Puma: Free shipping through 7/19 with code SHIPFREEJULY


Local:

·         M2 Boutique is having their great sale:



·         Molly’s Cupcakes: (You KNOW how much I love this place!) $6 for $12 credit via Google offers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips