Thursday, August 2, 2012

Nordstrom's Purchase! (+deals)

Alright, I made my big purchase from Nordstrom’s Anniversary sale and it wasn’t my gold watch.  Unfortunately, the styles I had been interested in are sold on in store and online!  I’m now thinking I’m going to get a cheaper knock off.  In the meantime, I did something I probably shouldn’t have, I bought these, Tory Burch Nadine boots, but in the Cognac/Sienne color:
I DO need new Cognac boots for the season and I was utterly disappointed with how quickly my Steven Madden Intyce wore last season (they look like crap now).  With over $200 off the Tory Burch, they’re a “steal” (ha, I wish).  Most sizes seemed to sell out immediately online the day the sale started.  Last Friday (my day off), I called about eight stores before giving up.  Then, yesterday, low and behold, when I check the site in the morning they have the Sienna in a size 9 (their site inventory flexes daily, even hourly).  It’s like it’s meant to be!  I’m almost certain that my calves will be too bit for the shaft of the boot, but it’s something I need to know and prove to myself that I’m not letting this good sale go to waste (agh, this is a terrible mentality isn’t it?  One can’t possibly afford to buy every good deal they see, right?).  We’ll have to see what happens when they arrive. (and secretly hope they don't fit, but at the same time they're so gorgeous I do want them to work) 

And, this totally goes against my decision I made on Sunday night; to buy another Louis Vuitton.  While sitting it bed reading my Rick Steve’s Ireland book (checked out from the library!) to get ready for our September trip, I learned that the VAT (value added tax; tax which is already included in goods and can be claimed for a refund for non-European citizens), is a whooping 23% in Ireland!!! From that it quickly escalated to “well there has to be an LV store in Dublin” to “Holy shit Ben, now I can get my purse I didn’t get in the Spring”. 
Immediately after I started looking at my budget and thinking, “okay, can I afford this” and then I made a deal with myself that if I stop the shopping from now until the trip (or minimize it) and put a minimum of 30% off each gross income paycheck into savings, then by golly, YES! I will buy myself a purse.  I’m thinking the Neverfull tote, but am undecided.  Do you have any Louie’s your lusting over?

Thus, if the boots do fit, then I have a major decision to make because I really shouldn’t go to Europe twice in a year, buy a LV AND spend $300 on one pair of boots.  No, bad HaHa!!!

So, now my savings to pass on to you:

·         AT Loft: $30 off fall dresses; dresses now starting at $39.50 in store and online
·         Barnes and Noble: 15% off one item in store or online through 8/5. Use code T8M7X3N online and coupon in store

·         Carsons/BonTon/Boston Store/etc: Extra 20% off online with code AUGWHSE2012 or in store with coupon
·         Gap: In store, buy one get one 50% off on all jeans
·         Snapfish: 30% off photobooks, collage posters and more through 8/8 with code COLLAGE12; excludes 11”x14” photobooks (get 10% back via ebates.com)

·         West Elm: 20% off all bedding and rugs ends 8/6

·         Zazzle: 20% off everything with code DEAL4SHARING (and 10% back via ebates.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips