Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Cilantro Chimichurri

(If you follow me on Instagram, you know what I'm about to share and you should be very excited.)
 
You may recall that one of our go-to restaurants for a nicer occasion is Tango Sur.  It's an Argentinian grill, walkable from our apartment, BYOB and has a fantastic sauce that accompanies their meat. Rumor has it they're opening a new bar nearby too.
 
Every time we leave, I leave saying "I could totally make this sauce" (see here) and I never did, until last night.  It's simple and I'm guessing quickly going to become a summer staple.  It's great on beef, dipped with bread and I think would be awesome on fish or veggies.
 
Cilantro Chimichurri
Ingredients:
(Makes enough sauce for 4; approximately 1 cup sauce)
  • One bunch fresh cilantro
  • 2 tsp dried parsley*
  • 1 tsp dried oregano
  • 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
  • 1/2 tsp garlic salt
  • dash pepper
  • 8 cloves fresh garlic (I used 4 tsp of store bought minced garlic)
  • 1/8 cup red wine vinegar
  • 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
*Many recipes call for fresh parsley.  If you want to go this route, I would recommend omitting the dry. Use 1 bunch fresh and use 3/4 cup evoo instead of 1/2.
 
Directions:
  • Remove stems from cilantro and chop leaves
  • Toss all ingredients in blender; mix on "pulse" until combined
  • Serve! (Can it get any easier?)
 Linking up with Ashley on Let's Get Bananas




2 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 18, 2013

    That sauce looks SOOO good! I love anything that has cilantro. We buy it just about every week. Thanks for linking up with Jess and I!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley! My pleasure; your kabobs look awesome!

      Delete

Blogging tips