Friday, April 22, 2016

Sweet Potato Nachos

I experienced so many good meals during Whole 30 and now that I'm done; I don't want to stop! I followed Whole 30's Fast Track Reintroduction; essentially adding back in one food group at a time and pausing to see the effects.

My goal in reintroducing food groups is to know how my body will react if I give myself a break. Like I said above, I feel so great physically and mentally that I want to continue with Whole 30/clean eating.  So, my goal is to follow 80/20. During the week when I'm cooking for myself, no issue. But what's life without a little fun, especially on the weekends, right?!

I combined a few recipes to whip up a delicious meal!

·  4 medium (about 7 oz each) sweet potatoes, skin on, wedged
·  1 tbsp olive oil
·  1 1/2 tsp paprika
·  pinch cayenne pepper
·  1 tsp garlic powder
·  Coarse salt and fresh-cracked pepper

Cook at 425 for 8-9 minutes on each side

1 can tomato paste (6oz)
1/4 cup tomato sauce
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup unsweetened 100% apple sauce
1 tbsp coconut aminos
1 1/2 tsp chili powder
1 1/2 tsp chipotle powder (see note below)
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp all spice
1/4 tsp cayenne powder (optional)

Mix together, simmer over low heat and add water to get to a consistency you like.

I mixed the potatoes and bbq with chicken, cilantro, jalapeno and red onion and viola! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips