Monday, October 10, 2016

Mexican Riced Cauliflower



I'll be the first to admit this is not the best picture to blog, but trust me, this recipe combo is worth sharing!

Since finishing Whole 30, I've gotten really into substituting riced cauliflower for previous diet staples like quinoa and rice.  I usually cook at least one meal a week (which ends up being three servings for me) with cauliflower.

Mexican Riced Cauliflower
  • Head of cauliflower
  • 8 oz can tomato paste
  • 1/2 yellow onion (chopped)
  • 1 cup water
  • 2 tsp chili powder
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1 tsp ground chipotle
  • 1 jalapeno
  • 2 Tbsp lime juice
  • 1/2 bunch cilantro
  • 1 tomato (diced)
  • 1 Tbsp coconut oil
  • 1 garlic clove (minced)
To start, rice your cauliflower. Sometimes I'll chop it up finely with a knife and other times I'll throw it in my Ninja Express to rice.

In a large skillet, warm the pan over medium heat, add coconut oil.  Add cauliflower and mix with cauliflower. Add 1/2 cup water and mix rice.  Stir in can of tomato paste and add spices. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup of water.

While this is coming to a soft boil, chop up the onion, jalapeno, tomato and cilantro.  Stir into rice.  To let the flavors blend, let it simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.

I decided to add some leftover Slow Cooker Mexican Pulled Pork I had. Mixing this in was a great idea! The flavors compliment each other nicely.  I topped the dish with a guacamole jalapeno salsa I found at the grocery store.

I eliminate the brown sugar called for in the pork recipe, which makes this meal entirely Whole 30 and Paleo compliant!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips