Thursday, March 8, 2012

International Women's Day (+deals)

Happy International Women’s Day!


I didn’t remember this morning that it was today, but I knew it was sometime in March (one of our family friend’s celebrates by giving the women in her life a handmade card).  The newspaper commented on it and I thought “oh, I should mention it on the blog”.  However, went I got into work, I had a small white box sitting on my desk and opened it to find a beautiful silk scarf!  Working in the engineering field, traditionally you don’t come across a lot of female engineers.  In our small group in my division of the office we have 9 people, 2 of which are females.  The guys joined forces and bought us each a scarf.  How thoughtful and sweet!  Not to mention, mine is a design I’ll wear! (I’ll have to post a pic tonight)
 
They’re actually from one of my colleague’s wives (or is it wife? He just has one).  She does handpainting on silk items. She stuff is amazing but also fairly expensive for how much labor goes into it.  Her name is Nora Lottie and here’s some of her work (you can find it all on her website):
 







Today’s deals:

·         Barnes and Noble: Extra 15% off one item (Nook excluded): online with code L4R3A4X or print this store coupon

·         Macys: 25% off 2+ pairs of regular, sale and/or clearance women’s shoes with code SHOES

·         Pottery Barn: Spring Sale

·         Restaurant.com: $3 for $25 gift certificate with code TRIP

·         Ulta: Free shipping with any $25+ order with code MARCH2DAY today and tmrw

·         Victoria’s Secret: Free shipping with $60 swim purchase, use code SPF60; plus $15 off $100 order with code SPRING12

·         World Market: Friends and family Fri, 3/9, through Sun, 3/11: save 25% on home furnishings, décor, gifts and more; print this in store coupon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips