Thursday, September 27, 2012

What I Packed - Ireland

It's here, it's here!  Trip day has arrived! Since I'm leaving from work I had to lug my luggage and carry on from our apartment to the train to work.  I thought I'd done such a great job packing that I was surprised (and disappointed) how heavy my suitcase was.  This is what I packed 8 days/7nights of hotels (although day 8 we essentially wake up, pack up and be at the airport around 11am). The forecast is pretty much mid to upper 50's with two days for chance of rain over 50%:
  • 2 pairs of pants (Old Navy Rockstars and Kate Spade Outlet Broome Street; my most comfortable jeans)
  • 3 dresses (ON#1, ON#2, Gap #1)
  • 2 short sleeved cotton shirts
  • 4 long sleeved cotton shirts
  • 1 sweater
  • 2 open knit cardigans
  • 2 oxford style shirts
  • 1 zip-up hoodie
  • 2 blazers (black and blood orange)
  • 1 pair of tights
  • 2 pairs of leggings
  • 4 scarves (leopard, ikat print, paisley print and black)
  • Cognac riding boots (wearing on plane)
  • Puma Silver Birch Zandy (trainers)
  • Tory Burch Black Revas
  • Me Too Patent Bow Flat
  • 1 water resistant trench
I hope that's a good array.  I surprised myself with how many basics I brought, but then it's easier to mix and match.  I also originally packed a light wool coat (remember this from last fall?) but I've decided that because the lows are in the 40's overnight, I'm going to leave the coat and just layer on blazer and trench if needed.

After the trip, I'll post what I wore and didn't wear for a recap.  I know I'm one of the world's worst packers, so I am trying to change that and the best way to do so is to reflect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips