Tuesday, April 16, 2013

DIY: Stripes and Gold

A sneak peak for tomorrow's What I Wore post.

Although I'm proud to say this outfit started off with a little bit of DIY action.  I bought this striped shirt from H&M back when I bought my floral pants; MONTHS ago!

Now with this pesky PE exam behind me, I have free time. What do I choose to do on my first day of freedom? Why sew buttons of course. Wouldn't you?

When I bought the shirt, I bought it with the intention of switching out the buttons.  What I didn't expect was that it would take me so long to get to the task.  Luckily the work itself was pretty easy.
Supplies: seam ripper, needle, thread, new buttons
Rip out the old ones and sew on the new. Ta-da!
 
So much better!

Sometimes things just need a little vision and a little tweaking to make them our own.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips