Monday, July 8, 2013

Fourth Finished (+Deals)

Really, is there anything better than a long weekend and anything worse than going back to a full week of work after?

Wednesday night we had an easy dinner at home before heading over to Headquarters Beercade for a low-key night with our friend B.  Low key of course included some tasty craft beers and video games.  (Note: I never thought I'd be typing up that I played videogames.  I'm not a gamer by any means but the occasional round Frogger and PacMan are pretty fun).
Wednesday night, prior to leaving the apartment, I managed to drop my bike on my big toe while locking the back door. Yes, some what funny but even more painful since the nail ripped. I won't go into detail but I will say there was blood and crying involved.  Thursday morning I woke up to some throbbing pain, which Oscar and a day at the beach helped to try to distract me.
We headed over to a friend's party after a quick shower.  Although I'm not sure the shower was even worth it! Summer is finally here! Ben showed off his patriotism with his favorite bulldog  shirt (favorite meaning this is the second time he's worn it in over 1.5 years.  The boy has more clothes than me. I swear)
I've mentioned before that our favorite couple, B&B (who we went to Ireland with) is moving to Minneapolis in the fall.  In the meantime, they just moved into a sublet apart on Lake Shore Drive.  Their roof top was the perfect spot for watching fireworks at Navy Pier.
That was our Fourth of July, filled with friends and fun.  What did you do?
 
Today's deals and steals:
  • Gap: Extra 30% off mens and womens sale items online with code MWDEAL through 7/11 (2% back via ebates.com)
  • J Crew: 30% off all shirts with code MONDAY in stores and online today (3% back via ebates.com)
  • Juicy Couture: Extra 50% off sale items (5% back via ebates.com)
  • Madewell: Extra 30% off sale items and free shipping with code HAPPY4TH ends today (3% back via ebates.com)
  • Piperlime: Designer Shoe and Handbag Sale (2% back via ebates.com)
  • Target: $50 gift card with purchase of ipad (3% back via ebates.com)
  • Ulta: Liter Sale: Through 7/27, select liters on sale; prices vary online, $15.99 in store
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips