Alright time to get back into Taste of Tuesday posts! And starting off with a bang! Although I'm a girl who loves me some buffalo wings (bone-in please), I typically don't like the idea of spreading the buffalo love elsewhere. However, when Iowa Girl Eats posted this recipe, not to mention that it used Greek yogurt, and I ready to dig in. I'm salivating just looking at these pictures. IGE's recipe is too good not to share!
(Makes 6+ servings)
- Box of noodles (16 oz)
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- 7 oz plain Greek yogurt
- 1.5 cups milk
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce (and 2 Tbsp for topping)
- 1/3 cup bleu cheese
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- Optional: celery
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cook noodles.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces and saute in medium skillet over medium heat; season with salt and pepper.
- Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt butter over mince heat. Add garlic and saute.
- Next, make a rue by whisking in flour. Once combined with garlic and butter; slowly mix in milk.
- Cook for ~3 minutes and turn off burner.
- Stir in buffalo sauce
- Add Greek yogurt, cheddar and bleu cheeses
- Mix together and get as smooth as possible (a few lumps are okay!)
- Add pasta and chicken to sauce. Mix together and transfer into a 8"x11" pan
- Top with break crumbs, a handful of extra shredded cheddar and buffalo sauce
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and breads crumbs are toasted
If you're like me and love celery sticks with your wings, add some chopped fresh celery!