Friday, February 3, 2012

Bedroom Overhaul

This weekend our friends are hosting a Wine and Cheese party at their apartment.  It’s a guy and girl, who are just friends, seriously. After five months of living together, they are now scrambling to try to decorate their apartment before the party.  It’s nice as it is now, but it is very minimal.

This week, we (being the girl and I), went to West Elm and Homegoods to look for stuff.  Man, oh man.  This is a reminder of why I should never go into stores.  Pretty much everything I saw I feel in love with.  Now I’m on the spurt of wanting to update our bedroom and living area since we’re thinking we’re going to stay at our current apartment for another year.

This is our bedding (Hotel Collection at Macy's)


and this is our bedroom (minus all of the brewing crap Ben has accummulated, ugh):




Although our furniture is IKEA from college, it at least all matches and we’ve decided not to buy a real bedroom set until we buy a place, to ensure that everything will fit.  One this that I simply cannot stand is vertical panel blinds, like what we have.  I’ve debated for a year about curtains to cover them and so I took the plunge after finding what I think will be a good color, at Homegoods for a whopping $40 for 4 panels

So, part of our weekend plans (besides the Wine and Cheese Party tomrw and a Superbowl party on Sunday), are a low-key night tonight; including installing curtains I picked up at Homegoods. Later I'll post an  after pic. Ben isn't the handiest-man, so I'll probably end up doing the drilling.  Wish me luck!

The other item that I want to overhaul is our sheets.  Yes, we were just married about a year and a half ago…but I’m kind of tired of our sheets.  Our bedding is a silver/slate grey and our sheets out too.  It’s SO monotone plain!  I saw these at West Elm and fell in love.



Unfortunately, they’re only 200 thread count.  My mom raised me to not buy anything under 400, and our current sheets are 500 Egyptian Cotton.  The downgrade to the West Elm sheets is a no-go, especially since they’re just $10 less than our nice sheets.  After googling; I came across these on Overstock 

Aren't they perfect, especially at $36?! But they only have the green in a king size. Boo. 

I thought about doing some other grey and white print, like these from Kohls



...but it's just doesn't have the same appeal. I think I may have to go back to West Elm and consider the originals after all.  Now I'm hooked on the stripes!

1 comment:

  1. Love that bedding! And don't worry, we bought a house this past year and most of our furniture is IKEA furniture ;0)

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips