Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Weekends without Words

Word-less, eh?

Ha, who am I kidding? I am typically not known to be speechless and I also feel like some of my posts get pretty lengthy.  But, I’ve realized that I haven’t really given you any kind of weekend recaps recently and we’ve been having a fun summer thus far.  So, I’m going to trace back the last few weekends with pictures and a bit of information as needed.

Memorial Day Weekend, May 25-28
End of Chicago Craft Beer Week party at Revolution Brew’s Kedzie location with B&B

The once monthly Randolph StreetMarket, full of antiques, jewelry and unique items.  Prebuy your tickets online to save some money.

North Avenue Beach. It’s not Waikiki or Riviera Maya, but it’s still nice to have a beach when the weather’s hot and it’s even more convenient that it’s about a 10 minute bike ride from our apartment.

June 1-3: Girls Wknd
Color Run Chicago: This deserves a post of its own. Coming soon.
 
 June 9th: Brad Paisley Concert. Sadly I have no pictures of this! But it was 6.5 hours of good country at Wrigleyfield.

Jun 15-17:  Quad Cities
Oscar and Knucklehead’s first car ride together. They got along wonderfully.
Father’s Day Brunch with both of our families at Steventons, overlooking the Mississippi River. Red Velvet French Toast. Not so healthy, but so good.

June 22-24:
 June 22: Took Knucks to Pridefest to volunteer with Chicago English Bulldog Rescue.  He had the night of his life with all of the attention and pets he got.  Over the weekend, CEBR raised more than double what they typically raise at summer festivals.  I’m so happy to have been a part of it!
Prarie Home Companion’s Garrison Keiloer at Ravinia. 
The show was so-so, but the company, food and drink was great.

June 24: Pride Parade.  Sadly, no pictures were taken, but the good thing is that even though I dropped my phone off a balcony, it does still work!  Here's a picture from the local Red Eye Paper:

1 comment:

  1. AnonymousJune 27, 2012

    Wow! You have had a jam-packed summer, I can't wait to see more in depth posts!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips