Thursday, August 23, 2012

Hot and Spicy Salsa

A few weeks ago I went to the grocery store starving, which is always a bad idea.  After I'd contemplated between Spaghetti O's and hummus/veggies for a snack,  I decided make my own salsa instead. One of my hometown friends makes her own salsa after years of working in a Mexican restaurant and I've been on a Mexican food kick recently, so why not? I knew her general recipe and decided to get it a try. So good and SO easy!
 
 
Homemade Salsa
 

 
Ingredients:
Makes approx 20oz of salsa
  • One can of diced (or unpeeled) tomatoes
  • One half bunch/1 cup cilantro (remove stems)
  • Half of one jalapeno
  • 1/4 cup diced yellow onion
  • 1 tsp garlic salt
    
(All subject to personal preference. With the items listed above, the salsa definitely has a kick to it)
 
 
 Directions:
  • Put all ingredients in blender and blend on high until well mixed
  • Enjoy!



 
 
To purchase these ingredients is actually less expensive than purchasing most jars of salsa!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips