Friday, August 3, 2012

New Ikat OOTD

Sunday I popped into my Gap (yes it is mine and it's dangerously convienent to go to) and picked up two new scarves. Accessories are such a fun and easy way to spruce up an outfit. 

I'd originally bought just the scarf on the right.  Well, I took both up to the register with the intent of buying both because they were in the sale bin and then an extra 30% off; but it turned out that only the scarf on the right was on sale ($13.99 after discount).  The scarf on the left was 30% off the full price, bringing it to $20.  I opted against it and left.




As I was walking out of the store,  I heard a clerk start to swoon over the unpurchased scarf.  Do you ever have that "competitive" edge when you're shopping?  Gosh this is going to sound terrible (and hopefully you can relate, or maybe I'm really just a bad person), but sometimes if I'm unsure of something, I only really "want" the item when someone else expresses interest in it (see, I'm awful). 

Thus, I turned around, walked up to the register and said "On second thought, I will take that one too".  You can buy it here.




I hadn't been on the trend of wearing scarves in summer; it just seemed impractical. But with two new scarves just begging to be worn, I caved.

Scarf - Gap
Scoop neck tee - Gap
(in marrakech purple; on sale for $49.99 and get 30% off with code SHOPNOW)
Bracelet - Dannijo
Earrings - Gold knots (Vonmaur)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips