Friday, October 19, 2012

Anniversary Recap & OOTD

The big 2-year wedding anniversary. Woohoo!
 
Way back we already agreed that we wouldn't do major gifts due to going to Ireland (hello, that was a good enough gift itself!). Thus we decided just to go out to dinner to celebrate.  Of course, Ben stepped it up a notch by buying my some flowers (and he's learned that it's okay to buy them from a grocery store AND that gerbera's are my favorite. Yep, he's learned). How pretty are these?!
 
 
 We debated on trying somewhere new for dinner, specifcally a meat-eaters Heaven like Brazzaz, Texas de Brazil or Fogo de Chao.  Endless meatless and an intense salad bar, from what we hear. But, we're kind of lame and like are go-tos.  Plus Ben is miserable with a cold, so we decided on Tango Sur, the BYOB Argentinian Grill down the street (we last ate there for my birthday). 
 
I think the Big Guy up above (aka GOD) must really like us because since October 16, 2010, every 10/16 has had gorgeous weather.  On our wedding day the high was 77F and it was sunny.  This year it was 70 and sunny.  The perfect last hoorah to eat outside in Chicago.
 
As usual, the good was awesome.  Their empanadas (supposedly bought from the ethnic grocer next door. Note to self: confirm this) are delicious.  I just have to remember, don't be healthy! The ham and cheese is soooo much better than the spinach!  For my meal I got a filet cooked in a red wine and onion reduction, served with spinach mashed potatoes (now those were yummy).  As always, the sauce served with the meat, this mystery of olive oil, garlic and spices, was divine. Makes.the.meal.
 
Carrot cake for dessert. (Note to self: this is not that good. Try the caramelized cheesecake next time)
 
 
Once home, we opened our "gifts".  We followed the traditional gift guideline, which is cotton for the two year anniversary.  Thus, Ben wrapped up the shirt that I originally bought for him in Ireland at Guinness (how romantic, although he did give me flowers) and I bought him a new Bears t-shirt (need to post).  He also gave me some Dots, which is one of my favorite candies. (See, he is learning).

After gifts, we took our picture.  I'd spotted this on Pinterest last year.  Take a picture of yourself holding a picture from the previous year.  Then it goes on and on and on. Forever. Or maybe, just until I forget to do it one year. Or I give up on it; because clearly I have some issues setting up the camera.  Here's our two-year anniversary picture:
 
See what I mean? Ben can't smile and there's a glare. Ugh; oh well. Hopefully by the time I figure out how to take a good picture, the bad ones will be so tiny it won't matter. Right?
 
And for the record, here's what I wore:

Blazer: H&M
Shirt: Old Navy (similar here)
Jeans: DL1961 (the perfect length; I didn't have to get hemmed!)
Wedges: Max Studio Meccah
Necklace: Ebay
Polish: OPI's Wooden Shoe Like to Know


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips