Friday, October 26, 2012

Pita Pizza

I've been really good this week about working on Ireland posts during lunch, but today, I first want to share what I'm having for lunch because it's so delicious and so easy!
 
This was inspired by Potbelly's Mediterranean Chicken Sandwich. Potbelly is a chain toasted sub shop (and also has the best cookies).  I usually ordered the "Wreck" or "Italian", but last week I decided to get adventurous and try the Medd. sandwich.  The sandwich offers hummus, feta, artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers, cucumber and chicken.  It was a fresh alternative to my usual meat-loaded favorites.


After paying $6 for the sandwich, I decided I could easily make this combo at home for a fraction of the price. Therefore, I give you:
 
Pita Pizza
Ingredients:
  • Pita
  • Hummus
  • Preferred toppings: cucumber, chicken, red onion, feta cheese, lettuce, olives, etc
Directions:

Pretty self explanatory.  Start with pita and spread hummus.  Load on toppings (I've found it works best if you put the heavier toppings (like chicken and cucumber) on the bottom and lettuce on top). 
Post lettuce (which hides all of the pretty toppings).
A fresh and fairly light alternative to sandwiches!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips