Thursday, November 1, 2012

Beats Antique

Good morning!
 
Here was my view this morning coming in on the El.
 
And here was my view last night:
 
 
Last night was a compromise.  Ben won tickets for an instrumental group, Beats Antique, and I was torn if I wanted to go or not.  I only really know the music through Ben, but I thought it'd be fun and different (and a late night).  I convinced him to go to his SILs to help hand out candy (which was so funny. Did anyone else see a bacon costume this year?!) and then we went to the concert.
 
Apparently we were NOT in the 99% who knew to dress up.  Yep, pretty much everyone was dressed up but us. We even saw Kool-Aid man.
 
The show itself was really good.  The group consists of two guys and one girl; who also is a bellydancer.  It sound strange, but I grew up in a household full of Indian Music (my dad, a white man in his 50s with a blue collar job has played the sitar since he was 20), so the sight of a bellydancer almost has a nostalgic feel to me.  In fact, I think I'm going to get my dad one of Beats cds for Christmas.
 
Here's one of their music videos, "Revival".
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips