Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Easter Candy Centerpiece

One of the first things I ever made from Pinterest was this Easter centerpiece.  Every year since (I have probably been on Pinterest longer than I should admit), I have made one.  It's so easy, so cute and so cheap!

Easter Candy Centerpiece

Supplies:
  • Potted plant
  • Cylindrical vase
  • 2 bags of Jelly Beans*
  • 1 package of Bunny Peeps (Qty: 12)*


The original inspiration for this used a loose bunch of tulip stems, however, I found it a lot easier effortless to work with a potted planted. You could use gerbera daisies, daffodils, etc.  I used hyacinth, which smells amazing.

*The number of jelly beans and Peeps required is going to depend on the size of your plant and vase.  I used a 5.5-inch diameter vase and a 4-inch plant.

Directions:
    Place plant in center of vase
 
Pour jelly beans around (between vase and plant); try to keep an even height around the vase.
 

 
Place Peeps on top of jelly beans. My package came in three rows of four. I left them attached and place each "strip" of Peeps; which fit perfectly.
 
To prove how cheap they are, here are the costs:
  • Hyacinth: $2.99
  • Jelly beans: $1.29 each
  • Peeps: $2.00
  • Vase: $4.99
Total cost: $12.56.  Hyacinth, jelly beans, and peeps were purchased at my local grocery store and the vase came from Marshalls (although I already had one; which is why you'll notice a slight difference in the two).
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips