This was my first time making risotto, so I was definitely nervous, but it turned out great! Another worthy side option for us.
I used this Emeril recipe and also this for my basis, but combined/altered some.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup arborio rice
- 1 tsp dried minced onion <this is the closest H will get to eating onion
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 dry white wine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup Asiago cheese
- 2 Tbsp butter
|I realize I have onion in the picture- I was going to attempt to "sneak" it|
in, but H saw and freaked out. Also, I forgot to put the Asiago in the pic.
- In a small pot, warm the chicken broth
- In a medium sized pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and onion and saute
- Add rice to the pan and stir rice so that it is coated in the oil/garlic/onion
- Add the wine to the pan and stir in; letting rice absorb the wine
- Slowly add chicken broth to pan and stir
- Cover and let rice cook for approximately 10 minutes
- At this time, a good amount of the chicken broth should be absorbed by the rice. Stir in cheese and butter
- Continue to let cook for roughly another 7-8 minutes; until the mixture is creamy and the rice is tender
- Serve warm (I added broccoli to mine for some veggie intake)