Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Pumpkin Muffins

I attempted to make a pumpkin frozen yogurt recipe (which I think turned out bad; but I'm going to give it another try tonight), so I had have a can of pumpkin puree to use up and refused to let it go to waste.  Since I already had the oven on and ingredients out for for my banana bread, I decided I may was well make a pumpkin baked good.  I'd used this recipe to make pumpkin bread before, so I decided to alter it a bit based on the amount of pumpkin puree I can and make muffins. Personally, I prefer these over the Pumpkin Sumthin's because it's a bit more involved of a recipe, but is still easy. They're super moist too!

Pumpkin Muffins


Ingredients:
(Makes 12 muffins)
  • 1/2 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 1 cups white sugar (per original recipe it should be 1.5 cups, but that's way too sweet for me!)
  • 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
  • 1/4 tsp ground cloves
  • Pinch of ground ginger
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
  • Lightly grease muffin tins (or use paperliners)
  • In a large bowl combine the wet ingredients and sugar
  • In a small bowl, combine the dry ingredients/spices
  • Pour dry ingredients into large bowl with wet and mix
  • Pour into muffin tin (each tin should be about 3/4 cup)
  • Bake for ~18 minutes (use toothpick to determine when done)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips