Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Deals and Steals - 10/5

Good morning and welcome to midweek.  The weather here is absolutely perfect - 70’s and sunny with the leaves changing into gorgeous golds.  This week H requested some sweet potatoes from the store (I typically do the shopping) and of course when H is finally requesting something good for him, Jewel was sold out.  Last night after a quick run (I’m loving tapering for the marathon; I feel like I have so much more freetime already), I walked to store the to pick up some forgotten spinach and decided to look for the sweet potatoes.  Again-none, and I refused to pay ~$1.99 each for the organics.  I asked the clerk and he said that they’ve been having an issue with farmers giving full crops and then proceeded to say either “Sorry lady” or “Sorry baby”; but either term I don’t really like being called.  This is really just a random side-story that I felt the need to share....I mean really, how can a larger grocery store like Jewel not have sweet potatoes, on two different days?  I guess there could be worse farmstand items not to have like bananas, but still.

So, now we’re half-way through work-week, well almost, and I still have yet to unpack from the weekend.  I hate when that happens.  H convinced me to watch a movie called Paul last night; if you haven’t heard of it, I wouldn’t bother getting it.  It was about an alien and two comic-booked-obsessed English guys and it was awful.  In redemption, I told H he’s going to have to watch Bridesmaids with me this weekend as I have yet to see it and have definitely heard good things.

And emptying out my mailbox:
·         AT Loft: Fashion Fix event; blouses, sweaters and tees priced $10-$35
I bought this shell (in the purple) last week and now it's even cheaper; I'm thinking I need to ask for a price adjustments or rebuy/return. I hate when that happens!

·         Coach Factory: additional 30% off coupon, expires on 10/16 (our anniversary!)
·         Macy’s: Save additional 15% off through 10/10 with code: SAVEMORE; free shipping with orders over $99
·         Philosophy: $15 off any $65+ purchase and free shipping through 10/10 with code: october15off
·         Shutterfly.com: 30% off photobooks today (10/5) with code: VJTR-6A45-PFYP-4BS6MK
·         World Market: 10/8-10/10 save 25% on all home furnishings, décor, gift, etc with this store coupon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips