Thursday, October 6, 2011

Emotional Roller Coaster?

RIP Steve Jobs.  I honestly said “oh my God”, this morning when I saw in the paper that he passed away yesterday, and also got teary-eyed reading the article about him.  Why you ask?  To me, he's an icon.  Not only did he create so many different faucets of technology that so many of us use on a daily basis, but he also inspired others to use his ideas to create and advance them. I absolutely love what Obama had to say about him:


Wow, to have someone say such words about your life, especially that someone being the president of United States of America, is truly awesome.  I have to say, I think it’s really interesting that his body was able to survive long enough to see his successor unveil iPhone 4S. My blessings and prayers to his family and friends. 

At the wedding we were at/H was in last weekend, I buddied up with a girl from high school who, only a few days prior to the wedding, lost her mom to cancer.  We’d never been best friends, but our paths often crossed, enough that years later, this weekend, we connected and had some great conversation.  My heart goes out to her family, and especially her, as it’s terrible when a child has to bury their parent.  This, along with Steve Job’s passing, is just a reminder to me how precious life is and how easily it can be taken for granted. It makes me think of something I recently pinned on Pinterest and I seriously think of this quote every night when I go to bed and every morning when I wake up:

 Pinned Image

Something else that has me emotional, and I don’t know why, is the marathon.  Now I’m getting really excited for it and have had a lot of friends, coworkers and family contacting me this week to wish me good luck.  I’m not sure how fast I’ll be able to runner, but I just pray that I can finish and be able to proudly call myself a marathoner.  I found myself on the verge of tears when I recently attended a “seminar” for the marathon put on by a local running store and the first question they asked the audience is “For how many of you out there, will this be your first marathon?”  To see over half of the hands rise up was really cool.  Nike also is a sponsor of the race and has an ad campaign "Own CHI" that I think is really cool; and again, has me almost tear up whenever I see it, regardless of if it’s online or in print.  There's a video too, but I haven't watched it yet for fear of crying my eyes out:



I think it’s just because of the excitement combined with the nervous that I feel like I’m on an emotional roller coaster; but whatever it is, I hope can translate that energy into my body and have a great run!

Not that many exciting deals today, but here’s what I have:
·         AT Loft: $35 pants, cords and jeans; in store and online <be warned that their pants tend to stretch!
·         Gap:  Up to 50% off Columbus Day sale, in stores and online
·         Victoria’s Secret:  20% off sweaters and pants (no code needed); Free shipping for orders over $100 with code: SHIPVS11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips